We are a Pearson Vue Authorized Test Center. Common Pearson Vue exam sponsors include:
- Amazon Web Services
- GED exams
- Texas Department of Insurance
- Texas Educator Certification Exam Program
- Texas Real Estate
For a complete list of exams offered through Pearson Vue, visit their A to Z Exam Program List.
We will soon be offering purchase of TX Dept of Insurance and TX Real Estate Salesperson Vouchers.
To take a test at our center, please follow these steps below:
Step 1: Register for and schedule the exam through your certifying organization’s website. (If you start at Pearson Vue’s website, search for your organization or exam you want to take and a link to your certifying organization’s website should be provided).
Step 2: During the registration process, you’ll be able to select a testing center. To select the SW Houston Test Center, look for Test Site # 83000. You do NOT have to book an appointment on our website.
Step 3: Please review the FAQs section below for more details about what to expect on exam day.
You can visit the Pearson Vue website to register for your exam by clicking the button below.
For more information on what to expect on exam day, click below.
Pearson Vue Contact Info:
Phone (Test Takers): 866-294-1616
PEARSON VUE EXAM FAQS
Q. What do I need to take with me to the test center?
A. On exam day, take 1 to 2 forms of government issued ID that include a photo and signature. Please refer to your testing program’s policy for the number of IDs required. We provide small lockers with locks for your personal items, but we recommend that you leave all valuables at home. Electronic devices are NOT allowed inside the test room and will be stored in a locker.
Q. What forms of ID are acceptable?
A. Pearson Vue accepts the following forms of unexpired primary IDs*:
1. State Driver’s License
2. Learner’s Permit (plastic card only with photo and signature)
3. National/State/Country Identification Card
5. Passport cards
6. Military ID
7. Military ID for spouses and dependents
8. Alien Registration Card (green card, permanent resident, visa)
9. Government-issued Local Language ID (plastic card with photo and signature)
10. Credit Card^ (A credit card can be used as a primary form of ID only if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired–
please ensure your credit card is already signed when presented to test center personnel).
Acceptable forms of secondary ID:
1. U.S. Social Security Card
2. Employee ID^
3. School ID^
4. Credit card^ (A credit card can be used as a secondary form of ID, as long as it contains a signature and is not expired. This includes major credit cards, such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. It also includes department store and gasoline credit cards.)
*Due to COVID-19, some testing program sponsors are allowing expired forms of ID. Please refer to your exam sponsor’s specific guidelines.
^These forms of identification may be used as primary identification if specifically authorized by your exam sponsor.
Q. The test center may be cold. May I wear a jacket in the testing room?
A. For exam security reasons, you are not allowed to wear a heavy coat or jacket inside the testing room. However, you may wear a light jacket, suit jacket, blazer, sweater or sweatshirt. They will be examined during the security check.
Q. Why am I being checked before entering the test room?
A. Pearson VUE is the global leader in the high-stakes testing business. As the leader, they are committed to providing a secure environment in which to conduct this business on behalf of their exam sponsors. As an authorized Pearson Vue test center, we are responsible for maintaining the security of exam content and testing-related materials at all times. A high level of security is essential for upholding the reputation of our test center and for protecting exam content. Therefore, we uphold Pearson Vue’s thorough security policy to ensure testing integrity and prevent test compromise.
The following security checks will be accomplished for each test-taker prior to entering the exam room:
- Accessories and jewelry will be visually inspected (this includes accessories such as hair clips, headbands, and jewelry). Jewelry that is wider than 1/4 inch (1/2 centimeter) is not permitted. Watches and fitness wrist bands must be stored in a locker.
- Ears will be inspected for the presence of electronic devices.
- Eyeglasses will be placed on a hard surface for visual inspection– both top and bottom of the glasses. Camera glasses and electronic glasses are NOT permitted in the testing room (please leave these at home).
- Hoods and ties, if applicable, will be lifted and visually inspected.
- Arms will be inspected up to the elbows and sleeves will be inspected rolled down.
- Pockets will be turned completely out.
- Waist or belt area will be visually inspected.
- You will be asked to pat down your arms, waistline, and legs.
- Shoes will be visually inspected.
Q. How do I schedule, reschedule or cancel an exam online?
A. To schedule a test with Pearson VUE, visit their Programs website and search for your testing organization. Next, follow the instructions to register for a test with your testing organization. When prompted to schedule a testing location, select Southwest Houston Test Center (site code 83000). Upon confirming the booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Pearson VUE which will contain information such as the time, date and location of your test, including directions to the test center.
To reschedule or cancel a test, visit www.pearsonvue.com/programs and sign in to the relevant test program. Follow the prompts to reschedule or cancel your test at least 1-2 days before your scheduled exam day. (See your specific exam sponsor’s guidelines for rescheduling and cancellation policies).
Q. How early should I arrive at the test center on the day of my test?
A. On exam day, please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Check-in processing time varies depending on the number of test-takers scheduled at any given time. Longer check-in times usually occur between 9:00 am to 10:00 am and 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, so please plan accordingly. Arriving early will help to minimize test anxiety and stress during the check-in process.