PROCTORING SERVICES FAQs
1. What do I bring on test day?
- Your personal website UN/PW for unique, school-based websites, if applicable
- Proctoring services guidelines and affidavit from your institution, if applicable
- A Form of Payment: See below for fees and payments types we accept
- One government-issued, non-expired photo identification (such as Driver License, Passport, Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), Military ID, certificate of citizenship, etc.)
- Calculator, if authorized for your exam
- You do NOT need to bring a computer. We provide the computer (PC) and workstation for you.
2. Is there a locker at the test center?
A. Yes, we provide small lockers with locks. They are large enough to store personal items (cell phones, purses, wallets, small backpacks, etc.). However, the test center is not responsible for any loss or damages. We recommend that you keep all valuables at home. Locker use is free.
3. What may I wear/ not wear at the test center?
A. Wear comfortable clothing. The temperature in the testing rooms range between 70-74 degrees F. You may wear a sweater, blazer, cardigan, or suit coat. You may not wear a coat (such as a rain coat, over-sized jacket, or winter coat, etc.). You may not wear any head coverings unless they are for religious or medical reason.
4. Is there parking available?
A. Yes, parking is available around the building. You may park your car anywhere except spots that are restricted (please adhere to all signage). In addition, if your test is scheduled for more than one hour, please do not park in the 1-hour restricted spots. Parking is free.
5. What time should I come to the test center?
A. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time to complete all check-in procedures.
6. The following security checks (following the strict Pearson Vue guidelines) will be accomplished for each test-taker prior to entering the exam room:
- Accessories and jewelry will be visually inspected (this includes accessories such as hair clips, headbands, and jewelry). Jewelry that is wider than 1/4 inch (1/2 centimeter) is not permitted. Watches and fitness wrist bands must be stored in a locker.
- Ears will be inspected for the presence of electronic devices.
- Eyeglasses will be placed on a hard surface for visual inspection– both top and bottom of the glasses. Camera glasses and electronic glasses are NOT permitted in the testing room (please leave these at home).
- Hoods and ties, if applicable, will be lifted and visually inspected.
- Arms will be inspected up to the elbows and sleeves will be inspected rolled down.
- Pockets will be turned completely out.
- Waist or belt area will be visually inspected.
- You will be asked to pat down your arms, waistline, and legs.
- Shoes will be visually inspected.
7. Where is the test center located?
A. We are located on the 7th floor of “The Center” complex: 8303 Southwest Freeway, Suite 730, Houston TX 77494 (at the Northeast corner of Route 59/69 and S. Gessner Road, next to Denny’s).
High School and College Student Exam Proctoring Fees* (based on allotted time):
$25 (up to 2-hours)
$10 (each additional hour)
All Other Exam Candidates:
$30 (up to 2-hours)
$10 (each additional hour)
*These proctoring fees include scanning and emailing completed paper exams back to the instructor/professor
If you need a special set-up or if you need to book the entire room, please confirm availability by calling 281-822-5900.
Fees additional to proctoring fee (includes practical exam set up, zoom conferencing, mailing, etc.):
- Special Set-Up Fee: $30
- Private Room Fee: $60/hr
- Mailing: actual postage + $5 handling fee (if other than USPS)
We are now offering package deals for end-of-course online exams requiring multiple in-person proctored exams! Some examples include:
Please inquire when checking-in for your first exam
- Full payments are taken when you check in for your exam.
- Acceptable forms of payment:
- Debit and all major credit cards
- Venmo, CashApp, PayPal, and Zelle
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.