EXAM PROCTORING INFO
Need to submit a request form?
Ready to take your exam?
Click below to get started!
TEST PROCTORING FEES
1. TEST ADMINISTRATION FEE
(Based on allotted time, not actual testing time)
- $25 for the first 2 hours plus $10 per additional hour (or fraction thereof)
2. MAILING & HANDLING FEES
- $12.50 USPS Priority Mail & handling fee, if your institution/program requires us to return the exam
- Additional fees will be charged for overseas and non-USPS mailing requirements by your institution
- Full payments are taken when you check in for your exam.
- Acceptable forms of payment:
- Debit and all major credit cards
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
WHAT IS EXAM / TEST PROCTORING?
Test proctoring services are available for students who are required to take an exam under the supervision of a certified proctor. Students who require this type of service may include home-schoolers, college/university students or anyone taking distance-learning or online courses who are unable to be observed by staff at their institution/school/university. Our proctoring services are convenient, efficient, and affordable.
HOW TO SCHEDULE PROCTORED EXAMS:
Students will need to obtain approval from the course instructor/professor prior to scheduling an exam session with us.
To utilize our proctoring services, please follow these steps below.
STEP 1: REQUEST EXAM PROCTORING SERVICES
Use this Request Form (link) to submit a request for proctoring services.
STEP 2: CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL OR INSTRUCTOR/PROFESSOR
Provide our test center information to your school or professor for approval to take your exam at our test center.
- Organization: Southwest Houston Test Center
- Proctor name: Ronnie Vu
- Job title: Test Administrator, Proctor
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 281-822-5900
- Address: 8303 Southwest Fwy, Suite #730, Houston, TX 77074.
- Website: www.swtestcenter.com
As soon as we receive the approval from your school or professor, we will send you a confirmation email.
STEP 3: SCHEDULE A TEST DATE
You may schedule a test date for your proctored exam while awaiting final approval from your professor/institution. Go to the BOOK APPOINTMENT page to schedule your exam date and time.
PROCTORING SERVICES FAQs
1. What do I bring on test day?
- Your personal website UN/PW for unique, school-based websites, if applicable
- Proctoring services guidelines and affidavit from your institution, if applicable
- Form of Payment: Cash (exact change only) or major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) to pay for test proctoring service fee and or mailing/handling fee
- One government-issued, non-expired photo identification (such as Driver License, Passport, Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), Military ID, certificate of citizenship, etc.)
- Calculator, if authorized for your exam
2. Is there a locker at the test center?
A. Yes, we provide small lockers with locks. They are large enough to store personal items (cell phones, purses, wallets, small backpacks, etc.). However, the test center is not responsible for any loss or damages. We recommend that you keep all valuables at home.
3. What may I wear/ not wear at the test center?
A. Wear comfortable clothing. The temperature in the testing rooms range between 70-74 degrees F. You may wear a sweater, blazer, cardigan, or suit coat. You may not wear a coat (such as a rain coat, over-sized jacket, or winter coat, etc.). You may not wear any head coverings unless they are for religious or medical reason.
4. Is there parking available?
A. Yes, parking is available around the building. You may park your car anywhere except spots that are restricted (please adhere to all signage). In addition, if your test is scheduled for more than one hour, please do not park in the 1-hour restricted spots.
5. What time should I come to the test center?
A. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled test time to complete all check-in procedures.
6. The following security checks (following the strict Pearson Vue guidelines) will be accomplished for each test-taker prior to entering the exam room:
- Accessories and jewelry will be visually inspected (this includes accessories such as hair clips, headbands, and jewelry). Jewelry that is wider than 1/4 inch (1/2 centimeter) is not permitted. Watches and fitness wrist bands must be stored in a locker.
- Ears will be inspected for the presence of electronic devices.
- Eyeglasses will be placed on a hard surface for visual inspection– both top and bottom of the glasses. Camera glasses and electronic glasses are NOT permitted in the testing room (please leave these at home).
- Hoods and ties, if applicable, will be lifted and visually inspected.
- Arms will be inspected up to the elbows and sleeves will be inspected rolled down.
- Pockets will be turned completely out.
- Waist or belt area will be visually inspected.
- You will be asked to pat down your arms, waistline, and legs.
- Shoes will be visually inspected.
6. Where is the test center located?
A. We are located on the 7th floor of “The Center” complex: 8303 Southwest Freeway, Suite 730, Houston TX 77494 (at the Northeast corner of Route 59/69 and S. Gessner Road, next to Denny’s).